SAN Social Media Policy
Information presented on this Web site is collected, maintained, and provided for the convenience of the reader. While every effort is made to keep such information accurate and up-to-date, the Airport Authority does not certify the authenticity of information that originates from third parties.
Under no circumstances shall the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (“Airport Authority” or “we” or “our”) be liable for any actions taken or omissions made from reliance on any information contained herein from whatever source nor shall the Airport Authority be liable for any other consequences from any such reliance.
This is not a platform to submit sensitive information, conduct business transactions, or to file complaints with the Airport Authority. If you have any questions or comments, or for more information about these terms, please contact: email@example.com.
The Social Media Policy outlines the types of information we gather when you visit our website, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard it.
- We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a website. This information includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
- We use the aggregated information from all of our visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns and improve the content of our site.
- We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
- Some of our online services require you to register for an account. We ask you for some personal information in order to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services, such as our online payment services, we may request credit card or other payment information which may be stored temporarily in encrypted form on secure servers.
- The Airport Authority reserves the right to remove without notice any content, comments, or submissions on its social media sites, including but not limited to content, comments, or submissions that:
- Are off-topic or not directly related to the business or operations of SAN or the Airport Authority;
- Promote commercial services or products;
- Maybe illegal or promotes illegal activity;
- Contain sexual content, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, or sexually explicit language;
- Contain language threatening or defaming any person, organization or ethnic or religious group;
- Can be classified as confidential, private or personal health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
- Promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Content that is political speech, or promotes or opposes political organizations;
- Contain spam or link to other sites;
- May violate the legal ownership interest of another party, or infringe on copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property;
- May compromise public safety or security or proceedings of public systems, contravene law, or are disruptive or factually inaccurate; or
- Violate the Authority’s Codes and Policies.
Information You Provide:
- Information volunteered by you through your filling out of our optional online feedback form and contact us form is used to help us enhance our websites, and may be shared with Airport Authority employees and contractors for that purpose.
- You participate at your own risk. The Airport Authority does not warrant the completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of material on its social media sites, and disclaims any liability for advertisements, videos, promoted content, or comments accessible from any external web page.
- Before commenting or posting a submission on the Airport Authority’s social media sites, you should understand that your comments and submissions are neither private nor confidential, are for public view, and that any personal information included in such comments or submissions constitutes a waiver of any rights of privacy or confidentiality. Postings are also subject to the California Public Records Act, in which any information you include in his or her comments or submissions, may be released for disclosure.
- By commenting or posting a submission on the Airport Authority’s social media site(s), you are granting the Authority a royalty-free, non-exclusive and perpetual license to use, reproduce, publish, display, and distribute such content
- We do not give, share, sell, rent or transfer any personal information to a third party, unless we have your consent.
- The Airport Authority uses link and search capabilities to navigate publicly available information from dozens of agencies that are not part of the Airport Authority website and over whom the Airport Authority exercises no control.
- The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to those sites.
- We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
- We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this Web site expressly consents to such monitoring.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data.
- Please note this Social Media Policy can change from time to time. We expect most such changes to be minor, but we will post those changes as they occur.