San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (Airport Authority) is hosting a virtual Veterans Appreciation event on November 17 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The event educates the community on opportunities for veteran organizations at San Diego International Airport (SAN) and beyond.
- Hear from Craig Ruiz, Airport Authority Small Business Development Manager, about the airport’s commitment to veteran businesses in the awarding of contract opportunities.
- Gain insights and tips on how to be successful from Amerivet, a veteran-owned small business that has been awarded contracts with the Airport Authority.
- Learn about the upcoming contract opportunities at SAN with New T1 from construction partners Arrive San Diego Aviation Alliance and Swinerton
- Learn about upcoming construction contract opportunities in San Diego with SUNDT
- Understand the Airport Authority’s Veteran Fellowship Program which fosters a seamless transition for veterans from active duty to the civilian work environment at the airport.
- Get recommendations on how to do business with the State of California Department of General Services.
- Hear about how the San Diego & Imperial Valley Small Business Development Center (SBDC) can help your business grow and succeed in government contracting.
- Find out about the benefits of joining the Veterans in Business Network.
Through our Small Business Development team, the Airport Authority works towards maximizing small, local, veteran, and underrepresented business participation in contracts with the Airport Authority and its partners. The virtual Veterans Appreciation event is free to businesses and registration is now open by clicking here. For more information on the Airport Authority’s Small Business Development Program, please visit san.org/smallbusiness.
ABOUT SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (SAN)
Owned and operated by San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (Airport Authority), San Diego International Airport (SAN) is one of the busiest single-runway commercial service airports in the world and the third-busiest airport in California. SAN contributes nearly $12 billion in economic activity for the region by connecting the world to San Diego and San Diego to the world. In November 2021, the Airport Authority began construction on the New T1 which includes the replacement of a new Terminal 1, improvements to the airfield, improved transportation connectivity to the airport, and a new administration building. The New T1 program’s total project budget is $3.4 billion and is estimated to create between 15,000 to 20,000 construction-related jobs. For more information about the New T1 please visit newt1.com. For more information about SAN please visit san.org.