SAN DIEGO – Jan. 15, 2016 – The San Diego County Regional Airport Authority celebrated the official ribbon cutting for the $316 million consolidated Rental Car Center today.
The Rental Car Center, whose grand opening is set for Wednesday (1/20/16), will house most of the rental car companies serving the airport, including national brands, as well as local, independent and small business rental car companies, in one central location off Pacific Highway.
“The new Rental Car Center is the latest example of our commitment to optimizing the passenger experience at San Diego International Airport,” said San Diego County Regional Airport Authority Board Chair Robert Gleason. “This facility also provides environmental benefits to the community while strengthening the airport’s role as an economic engine for the entire region.”
Other speakers at today’s event include:
· Thella F. Bowens, President/CEO, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
· Lloyd Hubbs, Board Member and Capital Improvement Program Oversight Committee Chair, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority;
· Dawn Welch, Director of Commercial & Industrial Services for SDG&E;
· Ralph Ketchum, Senior Vice President, Austin/Sundt;
· Peter Van Valkenburg, Assistant Vice President, Airport Properties and Relations, Enterprise;
· Aaron Medina, Division Vice President, South Paciﬁc Region, Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty/Fireﬂy Operations
Once it opens on Wednesday, 14 brands will operate out of the building.
For more information, see the Rental Car Center’s online media kit at http://sanrentalcarcenter.porternovelli.com/.
# # #