The San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (Airport Authority) is seeking candidates to fill a vacancy on the Audit Committee. Candidates must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- An architect or civil engineer licensed to practice in the State of California.
- A professional with experience in the field of real estate or land economics.
- A person with public or private sector executive level decision making experience.
- A person with experience in managing construction of large-scale public works projects.
- A person who resides within the airport influences area of the San Diego International Airport.
- A person with experience in environmental justice as it pertains to land use.
The application deadline is Friday, March 31, 2023, by 5 p.m. Interested candidates can contact Board Services/Authority Clerk at (619) 400-2550 or email@example.com.
For more information on what the role entails, see the Audit Committee Charter here: https://www.san.org/Airport-Authority/Chief-Auditor.
ABOUT SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (SAN)
Owned and operated by the Airport Authority, San Diego International Airport (SAN) is one of the busiest single-runway commercial service airports in the world and the third-busiest airport in California. SAN contributes nearly $12 billion in economic activity for the region by connecting the world to San Diego and San Diego to the world. In November 2021, the Airport Authority began construction on the New T1 which includes the replacement of the current Terminal 1, improvements to the airfield, improved transportation connectivity to the airport, and a new administration building. The New T1 program’s total project budget is $3.4 billion and is estimated to create between 15,000 to 20,000 construction-related jobs. For more information about the New T1 please visit newt1.com. For more information about SAN please visit san.org.