Anytime we are able to add new service from SAN to destinations worldwide we are excited. New routes mean new ways for passengers to reach their desired destination…often easier, faster, and cheaper than they were able to before the routes were offered.
This month, we were able to share in the announcement of four new route offerings from SAN:
- JetBlue will offer daily service to Newark, New Jersey via Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) beginning August 6, 2020.
- Alaska Airlines will offer nonstop flights four times weekly to Cancun, Mexico via Cancun International Airport (CUN) beginning November 20, 2020 through April 12, 2021.
- Alaska Airlines will offer daily nonstop flights to Santa Barbara, California via Santa Barbara Airport beginning November 20.
- Alaska Airlines will offer flights three times weekly to Fort Lauderdale, Florida via Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL) beginning November 21.
- Alaska Airlines will offer daily flights to Missoula, Montana via Missoula International Airport (MSO) beginning March 11, 2021.
JetBlue is the third airline to offer nonstop service to Newark, joining Alaska Airlines and United Airlines.
The winter seasonal service to Cancun marks the first time SAN has had nonstop service to this popular destination in over a decade. This new route offering will be a convenient way for many of the region’s leisure travelers to get to their desired destination without having to connect or fly from regional hubs.
This is the first time Alaska will offer nonstop service from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale was serviced by JetBlue prior to COVID-19, however they have since suspended the service so Alaska will be the only carrier serving that route.
This will be the first time SAN will have nonstop service to Missoula, Montana and Santa Barbara, California.
Check out more information on these routes by reading the announcement news release for JetBlue here, and the announcement news release for Alaska here. Tickets are on sale at jetblue.com and alaskaair.com.
During this time of COVID-19, the aviation industry is working hard to restore passenger’s confidence in flying. There are new safety measures in place in airports and airlines around the world. To find out what SAN is doing to keep employees, tenants, and passengers safe, please visit san.org/gosafely.
Note: this blog post was updated on August 4 to include Alaska Airlines' new service announcement to Santa Barbara.