San Diego International Airport Offers Tips for Holiday Travel
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
San Diego International Airport (SAN) wants you to be prepared before arriving at the airport during this holiday season. SAN is offering the following travel tips to ensure a safe and seamless journey:
Before Arriving at the Airport:
- Check with your airline for any special requirements or information before the trip. Airlines have implemented COVID-19 health and safety measures for check-in, boarding, and while on the plane. A list of the airlines that serve SAN may be viewed at san.org/Flights/Airlines.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website has information on how to safely travel during a pandemic. Do some research to understand state, local, and territorial government travel restrictions, including testing requirements, stay-at-home orders, and quarantine requirements.
- U.S. borders are open to non-essential travel. Travelers must be fully vaccinated before traveling to/from an international destination. If traveling from an international location to SAN, you are required to get a viral test within one day before the flight to the U.S. departs and provide written documentation of laboratory test results to the airline.
- SAN has an on-site COVID-19 testing option through Carbon Health if you would like to get tested before a trip. Appointments are required and there is a fee for tests. For more information please visit, carbonhealth.com/covid-19-travel-clearance.
- Construction on the New T1 has begun. Minimal impacts are expected during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Travelers may visit newt1.com for information on construction impacts.
Once at the Airport:
- It’s a federal mandate to wear a mask while on airport property and an airplane. Masks for sale at many of the concessionaires and through vending machines. Complimentary masks are available at the airport Information Desks.
- Everyone should practice preventative health measures such as washing hands often, avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth, social distance at least 6 feet from others, covering coughs and sneezes, and monitoring daily health by conducting a temperature check before arriving at the airport.
- The Terminal 1 Parking Lot, Terminal 2 Parking Lot on McCain Road, Terminal 2 Parking Plaza, and Cell Phone Lot is open. Parking reservations may be made in advance by visiting the airport’s parking reservation webpage at reservations.san.org/SanDiegoBooking/. The Long Term Lot and Curbside Valet Terminal 1 and 2 are closed.
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security checkpoints are open and all passengers are required to go through screening. Travelers are encouraged to leave ample time, preferably two hours, to get through security and to their gate. Review TSA’s COVID-19 webpage at tsa.gov/coronavirus for information on what to expect and the health and safety measures they’ve implemented.
- Shops and restaurants inside the terminals are open to provide travel necessities, meals, snacks, and more, however, availability and hours may vary. Dining facilities are open, and patrons should social distance.
- Rental Car Center buses require social distancing and therefore are running at reduced capacity. Please leave ample time to accommodate longer shuttle wait times. The Trolley provides service to the terminals at Palm Street on the Rental Car Center shuttles. The MTS 992 bus is another public transportation option. The San Diego Flyer offers service between the Old Town Transit Center and SAN. For more information about the San Diego Flyer click here.
We hope to see you soon!