San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (Airport Authority) is hosting a virtual Veterans Appreciation event on November 17 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The event educates the community on opportunities for veteran organizations at San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Hear from Craig Ruiz, Airport Authority Small Business Development Manager, about the airport’s commitment to veteran businesses in the awarding of contract opportunities.
- Gain insights and tips on how to be successful from Amerivet, a veteran-owned small business that has been awarded contracts with the Airport Authority.
- Learn about the upcoming contract opportunities at SAN with New T1 from construction partners Arrive San Diego Aviation Alliance and Swinerton
- Learn about upcoming construction contract opportunities in San Diego with SUNDT
- Understand the Airport Authority’s Veteran Fellowship Program which fosters a seamless transition for veterans from active duty to the civilian work environment at the airport.
- Get recommendations on how to do business with the State of California Department of General Services.
- Hear about how the San Diego & Imperial Valley Small Business Development Center (SBDC) can help your business grow and succeed in government contracting.
- Find out about the benefits of joining the Veterans in Business Network.
Through our Small Business Development team, the Airport Authority works towards maximizing small, local, veteran, and underrepresented business participation in contracts with the Airport Authority and its partners. The virtual Veterans Appreciation event is free to businesses and registration is now open by clicking here. For more information on the Airport Authority’s Small Business Development Program, please visit san.org/smallbusiness.