The San Diego County Regional Airport Authority cares about the environment and our community. That’s why we partner with I Love a Clean San Diego (ILACSD) to participate and encourage participation in their clean-up days. This year, Coastal Cleanup Day is September 18, and the Airport Authority is rallying employees, partners, and the community to join our cleanup group!
Cleanup Day was founded in 1985 and is a worldwide cleanup event. More than 269,000 dedicated volunteers have removed 5 million pounds of litter and debris. You can be one of those dedicated volunteers making an impact in your community by registering with ILACSD and joining the San Diego International Airport Group.
This year’s event will be hosted in a remote format which allows you to clean up your neighborhood or any location you choose. So, grab your clean-up supplies and head out anytime on Saturday, September 18 to do your part.
How it works:
- Register online under the San Diego International Airport group.
- Clean up your neighborhood with your supplies in a socially distanced manner. Clean up whenever it works for you and your family, for however long you can.
- Snap a picture of your participation and post it on social media using the hashtags #SANCleanup #SANCoastalCleanup.
- Please tag the Airport (@SanDiegoAirport) so we can celebrate your good work! Selfies, family group shots, or results of your cleanup are encouraged.
- Celebrate your good work and report your totals to I Love a Clean San Diego.
- More information can be found at https://cleanupday.org
We hope to see you out in your neighborhood helping out. Your work is helping prevent litter and pollution from entering our storm drains that lead to the ocean.