After being told for more than a year to stay home and only associate with those in your household, it’s no wonder people are eager to travel. With vaccines being administered to thousands of people a day, we are finally on our way to recovery. Airlines are eager to get people in the air again, and at SAN we are eager to serve you with exceptional customer service and in a safe manner. So if you are planning a trip this summer, we wanted to let you know we have lots of new destinations that are served nonstop from SAN. Ready to learn more?
Alaska Airlines offers more nonstop routes from SAN than any other airline. They’ve been adding flights to many desirable vacation destinations. Here are some that are now offered at SAN:
· Missoula, Montana via Missoula International Airport (MSO) began March 18
· New York, New York via John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) begins May 20
· Bozeman, Montana via Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN) begins May 20 (seasonal)
· Kalispell, Montana via Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) begins May 21 (seasonal)
· Jackson Hole, Wyoming via Jackson Hole International Airport (JAC) begins May 22 (seasonal in summer and winter)
· Santa Barbara, California via Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA) begins June 17
To view the latest schedules, fares, and flight times, please visit alaskaair.com.
Allegiant Air will grow their seasonal nonstop routes this summer by adding flights to:
· Mesa, Arizona via Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZ) begins May 27
· Kalispell, Montana via Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) begins May 27
· Pasco, Washington via Tri-Cities Airport (PSC) begins May 28
· Bozeman, Montana via Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN) begins June 3
· Des Moines, Iowa via Des Moines International Airport (DSM) begins July 1
The new routes join other seasonal nonstop flights already offered by Allegiant Air to Billings, Mont., El Paso, Texas, Eugene, Ore., Idaho Falls, Ida., Las Vegas, Nevada, and Medford, Ore. To view the latest schedules, fares, and flight times, please visit allegiantair.com.
Southwest Airlines first began service to Honolulu, Hawaii from SAN in November 2020. They recently announced they will not only expand their service to Honolulu by adding a second daily flight, but they will also begin nonstop service to three other Hawaii cities:
· Kahului, Maui via Kahului Airport (OGG) begins June 6
· Kona, Island of Hawaii via Ellison Onizuka Kona International at Keahole Airport (KOA) begins June 27
· Lihue, Kauai via Lihue Airport (LIH) begins June 27
In addition, they will begin flights to Norfolk, Virginia via Norfolk International Airport (ORF) on June 7.
Passengers traveling to Hawaii are encouraged to review the state’s Safe Travels Hawaii program which includes a pre-travel testing program, the Mandatory State of Hawaii Travel and Health Form, and temperature screening upon arrival. Passengers are also encouraged to review Southwest’s COVID-19 travel recommendations and procedures. To view the latest schedules, fares, and flight times, please visit southwest.com.
We hope to see you this summer, whether it’s on one of these flights or any of the other 60 plus destinations we have from SAN. A friendly reminder, masks are required by federal mandate through September 13. Let’s GO!