San Diego International Airport's Innovation Lab is a ground-breaking collaborative environment where companies, innovators and airport executives work together to create and test new ideas to drive airport innovation and improve the passenger experience. Successful ideas can be implemented at SAN, other airports, and even in analogous industries like malls, hotels, convention centers, etc.
Want to change an industry?
Download our current Innovation Lab 3rd Party Operator Service RFP and help us change how people experience travel.
SOLICIT AND SELECT APPLICATIONS
FINALISTS ENTER MINI ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
"San Diego International Airport gave us the boost we needed to access the Airport industry —their great feedback, collaboration and testing with a pilot program put Fuel Rod on the map. Thanks to the collaboration and support of the San Diego Airport, we are now in 26 airports and growing."
Joe Yeagley – Fuel Rod Founder
About The Space:
- 3,500 square feet of unused airport space
- Multi-functional work area
- Mini airport terminal environment
- Ticket and gate counters, bag claim carousel, mock check point
Current Innovation Lab Projects:
- At Your Gate and GRAB will be piloting a joint e-commerce and delivery service platform at San Diego International Airport Summer 2017, a potential game-changer in the airport shopping and dining space.
- The AwayWeGo App aims at delivering every travel convenience to customers in one location. It is available for download in Apple's iTunes App Store and in the Google Marketplace.
Have an idea to put into the Lab or have a question for us, email email@example.com.