The Green Build
The Green Build – the largest set of improvements in the history of
San Diego International Airport – was recently approved by the Airport Authority
Board, and will mean big opportunities for local small, disadvantaged, minority
or woman-owned and disabled veteran businesses in the San Diego region.
The Green Build program is divided into two Packages:
- Contract 1 work (led by Turner/PCL/Flatiron)
will include 10 new jet gates at Terminal 2 West, expanded dining and shopping options,
as well as terminal, and airfield improvements.
- Kiewit/Sundt (Contract 2-Landside Improvements) would like to thank all those involved with this historic project and who helped us complete it successfully. Please see our results.
Local small businesses interested in contracting opportunities with The Green Build
project at San Diego International Airport are encouraged to:
The Airport Authority, Turner/ PCL/Flatiron and Kiewit/Sundt have a strong record
of commitment to ensuring that local small, disadvantaged, minority or woman-owned
and disabled veteran businesses have opportunities to do business at the airport.
Several ongoing initiatives will help these firms be well-positioned for The Green
Build opportunities in an open and fair way, including:
- Training and Education Program
- Active participation program for the small business community.
- Developmental services for contracting, professional services and
procurement opportunities at the airport.
- In-house education program – A partnership with Turner Construction
has held five college-level construction management courses over the past three
years, with a sixth currently scheduled for fall 2009. In addition, the Airport
Authority has held 23 business development workshops, free to the public, over the
past year. More than 500 individuals have participated in these educational programs
over the past year.
- Bonding – Bonding, if required, will be determined based
upon bid value, scope and schedule. Bidders should check each bid package for specific
bonding requirements. The Airport Authority offers a bonding
and contract finance assistance program to assist small contractors in obtaining
bonding and financing for Airport contract work.
For more information on these programs and additional resources for your small business,
visit Small Business Development.